Hey, how's it going? Thank you for all of the love in email and letter form that I've been getting. I love reading all that's going on in your lives.
The biggest things that have happened this week, in order:
1. Our investigators, L and H (roommates) both committed to baptism this week! It was an amazing lesson that led to it. L has had a complete turn around that I am just in awe over. He is so ready for baptism. And H is getting there, he has time. Great guys. By the way, L is a musician and a photographer! I have been in my element talking with him.
2. Elder Smith is getting transferred. On Thursday he'll be gone and I'll have a new comp in the office. This transfer has been the fastest of my life, it's insane. I'm really kind of sad that it's ending. We've been getting along really well. Oh well, we have the rest of the mission and college to be around each other.
3. I made chili. With chicken nuggets. No, I could not find ground beef on short notice. Sadly, there are physical repercussions to eating a pot of chili..
4. Elder Antamanov also received a transfer call, I forgot to say. It's too bad he's leaving me again. But I have a feeling that he and I will serve in the same district again before the mission is over. I love that guy a lot, he's awesome.
With it getting warmer,we are having some more success in finding people. Yesterday morning we got 3 numbers! That's three more than we've gotten all winter! So that's pretty cool. And, Dad, you're right, it is often harder to convince people that they've found the truth than to find them to begin with. Thing is, I feel like I don't ever convince people. It's either they've been prepared or they aren't, no matter how hard I try. It's a good thing the Spirit does the teaching.
That's about it for this week.. This was a really fast week. For this week, I'm really excited for Wednesday. That's when the new greenies come in- and I will get to introduce them first to Donetsk and show them around a bit! That's a weird round-about moment in the mission. It reminds me that I actually have been here a while. Basically, I'm just excited to see some new kids and send them off.
That's about it for this week.. This was a really fast week. For this week, I'm really excited for Wednesday. That's when the new greenies come in- and I will get to introduce them first to Donetsk and show them around a bit! That's a weird round-about moment in the mission. It reminds me that I actually have been here a while. Basically, I'm just excited to see some new kids and send them off.
I really can't think of anything else for this week, wow.. Well, then that'll be all for this week. I love y'all and I can't wait to have more news to tell you soon!
Love,
In response to questions about his current branch and how it is that someone is cooking for the office elders:
Answers to your questions:
My current branch is pretty good. It's probably the most functional branch in the mission. They actually can run pretty well without missionary intervention, which is a very good break. Much stronger in terms of members than in Lugansk. And they have a real church building! So basically, my only role here is to be a missionary. Yes!
No comments:
Post a Comment