Family,
Hey, so first off, I am staying in Lugansk this transfer. That means that I will have stayed here for at least 6 months when I leave. It's a bit weird, but I like it here and it is apparently where the Lord will have me, so I'll keep on doing as usual.
We have two actual progressing investigators, G and A (I think I told you a bit about them already). We're hoping to get G to commit to a baptismal date this coming week! And A may take more time, but I think that her heart is in the right place, so I'm not worried about her. Our area here is strange in that we have at least three investigators that have heard everything and know that it's true, but won't get baptized for one reason or another. We recently fasted with one, N, that her parents will be less obstinate and that she can have their approval to be baptized. Immediately after that they completely exploded at her over the whole church thing. We're still hoping that her problem there can be solved soon. Things are always hardest just before you're about to do something really good, like get baptized. I've seen that a lot already here, and I know that's a fact.
Not a whole lot has happened this week. We celebrated my district leader's birthday, Elder Nielson, which was pretty cool. I love doing things for other people to make their day a little brighter. It was a fun time. But he's leaving this transfer, which is a little sad. He has become a good friend to me here (this will probably be a running theme about every time transfers come around, so watch out!). But it's nice to have people that you can relate to out here in the field. Especially someone American. Sometimes it's needed.
Sorry that this letter is pretty short, but I don't have a whole lot of time. We're a little overscheduled today. Remember that I love you all and, um... read your scriptures! I have to fit in something spiritual and missionary-like, right? Right.
Love you and talk to you soon!
Elder Brandon Porter
No comments:
Post a Comment