Hey!
So, this week hasn't been very productive at all missionary wise. Who knew that Ukrainians could party so hard? They really care about their New Years. And by that we mean that they mostly get really drunk and run around town. This is why the General Authorities told us missionaries that we had to be home by 4 pm on New Years Eve. So we had a sleep over with the other elders here in Lugansk and played Risk and Settlers of Catan (first time in my life!). Don't worry, it was totally sanctioned and everything. We had some fun. It's good to be able to celebrate holidays with friends.
Besides that, we haven't been able to meet with hardly anyone this week. We have G and A, mother and daughter, that are amazing! They may be on baptismal date soon; we find out on Saturday when we visit them.
Life continues as usual... or at least, how it has been for the last six months! I've almost been in Lugansk for 6 months. That's a long time in missionary years. I'm getting old! Hopefully I can leave a good impact on some people here before I head out. Not sure when that'll be, but still.
Well, we are going to go meet up with other missionaries and make cookies! I am so sorry that that cuts into your letter. I love you all! I'll eat those cookies in your honor and think about home the whole time, how about that?
Alright, love you and I'll talk to you again in one week!
Love,
Elder Brandon Porter
P.S. I promise that next week's letter will be longer. This one is an anomoly. Don't worry about making the letters shorter! I LOVE reading them. Just so you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment